Sunday, August 21, 2011

Two-Tiered Simple Skirt

I am back home, unpacked and busy going through all my photographs. I had a great time but it was a looooong trip! I plan to entertain you all with my favorite photographs from the trip but until I have gone through them you will have to wait. It will be the modern version of someone getting out their screen and slide projector when neighbors come over.

I did manage to get in a little sewing when I was home. I made my favorite niece this colorful two-tiered simple skirt and matching headband. Her mom picked out the beautiful fabric and I can't tell you the designer.


 I added a cute stitched hem of course!

The headband I made by creating a bias tape and then used some of the left over elastic attached to the bottom to give it the necessary stretch.
You can find the tutorial here. I didn't exactly follow her steps because I was too lazy to pull them up but I got a super cute skirt.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...